Philippines: Long-term visa holders must comply with annual report requirement by March 3

Long-term work visa holders in the Philippines who have been issued Alien Certificate of Registration identity cards (ACR-I Cards) indicating "Worker" or "Treaty Trader" status – including but not limited to holders of 9(g) Pre-arranged Employment and 9(d) Treaty Trader work and dependent visas, and Section 13 immigrant visas – must personally appear at the Bureau of Immigration (BI) office and complete their annual report from January 4 through March 3, 2016.  

Those who fail to submit the annual report by March 3 may face a fine and/or imprisonment at the discretion of the Commissioner of Immigration.

Those Without Personal Appearance in Last Two Years

Foreign nationals who did not personally appear in 2014 or 2015 must follow the below steps:

  • Register in person in 2016;
  • Present their original passport, original ACR I-Card and a printout of the confirmation page issued on the 2016 annual reporting online system; and
  • Pay the PHP 310 standard annual report fee.

Parents or legal guardians must report on behalf of children under 14 years old.

Exemption for Those Who Appeared in Last Two Years

Foreign nationals who previously appeared in person in 2014 or 2015 and submitted a completed annual report form are exempt from the personal appearance requirement in 2016 and may instead send a representative to complete the annual report requirement on his or her behalf. The representative must complete the following steps:

  • Present the original passport and original ACR I-Card on behalf of the foreign national and/or dependants (if any) for verification purposes;
  • Pay the standard annual report fee of PHP 310 plus a PHP 500 express lane fee for non-appearance;
  • Provide a Special Power of Attorney on behalf of the foreign national with the legal representative’s valid government-issued identification card; and
  • If the foreign national has immigration status issues, submit an undertaking to fulfil the necessary legal obligations.

To meet the exemption, the foreign national must not have violated the Philippine Immigration Act 1940, as amended, or the Alien Registration Act 1950.

What This Means for Foreign Nationals

Long-term work visa holders in the Philippines who have been issued ACR I-Cards should contact their immigration professional to determine the requisite annual report registration documents and for assistance with filing.