The Department of Immigration in Kenya has launched a new online platform – called the Electronic Foreign Nationals Service (eFNS) - for work, family and student immigration applications. The eFNS will be rolled out on a pilot basis for some services and is likely to be mandatory for immigration applications in the near future.
The new platform follows the recent introduction of the eVisa system, which has streamlined visa processing and in part replaced the visa-on-arrival system.
Online Application Process
Individual and corporate applicants can follow the below steps to use the eFNS:
- Create an eFNS account to access the system;
- Choose an immigration service;
- Fill out and print an online application form;
- Pay the government fee by credit card, cash or banker’s check; and
- Submit the form and supporting documents online for processing.
What This Means for Employers and Foreign Nationals
The eFNS system should streamline the preparation, submission and payment of permit and pass applications. Applicants may experience delays during the initial transition to the system.