Canada: Foreign nationals affected by Alberta wildfires eligible for replacement travel documents

The Canadian government is taking special measures until August 3, 2016 to assist foreign nationals affected by the wildfires in Alberta.

Applicants who submitted a Canadian travel document application and are expecting to receive it by mail should call 1-800-567-6868 to confirm the pick-up location or to provide an alternate mail location.

Foreign nationals whose Canadian temporary resident visa or status document (e.g. work permit or study permit) was lost, damaged or destroyed as a result of the wildfires are eligible for a free replacement. The replacement document will be valid for the same duration as the original document. The guarantor requirement for a replacement travel document will also be waived.

What This Means for Foreign Nationals

Foreign nationals should consult the Immigration Canada website for specific documentary requirements to apply for replacement of Canadian status documents.