Do I Need to Register When Working in India?

Do I Need to Register When Working in India?

Foreign nationals who wish to reside long-term in India (typically longer than 180 days) are required to visit the FRRO (Foreign Regional Registration Office) within 14 days of their arrival in India.

The FRRO's role includes issuing residence permits, visa conversions, and addressing matters related to visa extensions related to non-nationals. In short, FRRO deals with all the legal formalities that need to be completed by those intending to stay long term.

Indian bureaucracy has a reputation for being lengthy and onerous but automation and IT are being deployed to ease these issues. However, for relocating employees and their HR teams…

Why recruit from overseas?

Why recruit from overseas?

There has been much coverage in the press of late about the challenges many employers across a range of industries face when trying to recruit skilled workers locally. What effects can this have on a business and are there any solutions?

The impacts of skill shortages

Skill shortages can cause noticeable problems within an organisation, affecting productivity and growth, delaying or cancelling projects, creating continuous gaps in the team and subsequently endless recruitment programmes...

What you need to know about immigration into Malaysia

What you need to know about immigration into Malaysia

Whether you are planning on relocating a small team or just making exploratory visits to sound out potential suppliers, customers or distributors, you will need to ensure that you make the correct immigration application.

The sooner you start the immigration process, the sooner you can get your employee(s) on the ground in the destination location to fully advance the project.

To help you along, here is a brief overview of the Malaysian immigration process. Watch this space as we will post some more of these shortly.

Do you know your UK immigration lingo?

Do you know your UK immigration lingo?

UK immigration law is a complex field of rules and regulations which can be difficult to interpret.

Equally as difficult to interpret are the acronyms and terminology used when dealing with UK immigration departments, representatives or application forms.

This handy glossary will help you to decipher your entry clearance from your leave to remain, and your PBS from your ILR.

Right to rent checks - what's it all about?

There's been quite a bit of controversy surrounding the introduction of the right to rent checks, but whether or not you like the idea, the Government is forging ahead with it following what is claimed to be a rather unfruitful pilot of the scheme in the West Midlands.

Right to rent checks have been introduced as part of the government’s ongoing reforms to the immigration system and from 1 February 2016, all private landlords in England will have to make right to rent checks. This means checking that tenants have the right to be in the UK. It doesn't say a lot for the Border Agency, does it?

What documents does a non-UK resident need to rent a house in the UK?

In this post, we'll take a look at what documentation an assignee to the UK (a non-UK resident) will need to provide in order to support an application to rent a residential property in the UK.

So, you've made a decision on a property and managed to get your offer accepted by the landlord.

What next?