The Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation (DJEI) has added the following occupations to the Highly-Skilled Eligible Occupations List:
- Material scientists;
- Industrial pharmacists;
- Gastrointestinal technologists/physiologists; and
- International marketing experts specializing in product strategy development and management with technical and product/service knowledge (pharmaceutical, medical devices, business to business software sales, Software As a Service products).
In addition, an explicit reference to ‘analytical development’ has been added to the job list under the SOC 211 Natural and Science Professionals category.
Furthermore, the DJEI has removed the following occupations from the Ineligible Categories of Employment List:
- Tourist guides with knowledge of non-European Economic Area languages;
- Aircraft maintenance workers and related trades;
- Metal inert gas/tungsten inert gas welders; and
- Computer Numerical Control operatives.
What This Means for Employers:
Employers in Ireland can now consider more job categories than previously available for foreign workers.