Singapore: Employment Pass Holders Transferring to Related Employer Now Require New Application

Employers can no longer transfer an Employment Pass (EP) holder to a related company in the case of a merger or acquisition without the new employer submitting a new EP application, according to a policy change announced by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM).

Once the new EP is approved, the previous employer can cancel the old EP, without re-advertising the role in the job bank.

Previously, employers could transfer an EP holder to a new company without a new EP application.

What This Means for Employers and Foreign Nationals

Employers that need to transfer an employee to a related company should contact their immigration professional to ensure that there is adequate time to complete a new EP application and that the new company’s corporate relationship is properly indicated in the application form.

This change in process may result in a fee increase.

Stuart Beaty

Celsium, Birmingham, UK